Daughter number 1 found this dress for daughter number 2 to try on. I saw this in her hands and the wheels in my mind began turning before I even knew if she'd like it on herself. When she put it back on the rack because it was too small, I snatched it up. The good items go quickly on Sundays.
You see, I loved the fabric for its crafting potential.
- covering a hat box for storage, or
- covering a plain journal for one young woman I know, or
- a cute skirt for another young woman I know, or
- a cover for a cushion, or
- covering for a half-dozen DIY padded hangers, or
- 2 cloth napkins to put into a romantic picnic basket gift, along with enough leftover fabric to line said picnic basket, or
- fabric to add to a shabby chic quilt
The dress was 99 cents. I have close to 1 yard of usable fabric in this dress. 99 cents for a yard of crafting fabric is a pretty good deal.