|Mexi-bean soup, made from refried beans, canned tomatoes in liquid, cumin, |
vegetable liquid, carrots, olives and topped with fried corn tortilla strips
- turkey, cream cheese, dried cranberry sandwiches on homemade French bread
- canned corn, heated in the microwave
- carrot sticks and 1000 Island dip
One daughter and I worked at a fund-raiser all day. we were blessed with everything to make a large tossed salad for dinner that night -- lettuce, cucumber, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, croutons and dressing. As we were gone all day, I looked in the freezer for something to go with the salad. I found a large container of soup.
- tossed salad
- soup from the freezer, a homemade tomato-beef soup from last week
- corn tortilla chips
- birthday cupcakes (my son's birthday)
We went out for a birthday celebration lunch to celebrate both my son's and his girlfriend's birthdays. When we came back home, we had a scratch-baked cake, and opened gifts. We were all so full that I knew dinner would be a small and simple one. Here's what I made:
- large tossed salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, parsley, ranch dressing (all from the fund-raiser that my daughter and I worked on Saturday), plus olives, cheese, turkey, cabbage
- corn tortillas, topped with cheddar, chopped onions, chili powder and olives, then broiled until toasty
Early week will feature refried beans as the main item. Day #1 of refried beans will be bean, cheese and rice burritos.
- bean, cheese, rice burritos, plus I found one fast-food packet of hot sauce in the fridge, split five ways
- carrots sticks
- leftover cake
Day #2 of refried beans -- turn some of the beans into Mexi-bean soup, by adding some canned tomatoes, liquid from veggies, olives, cumin, carrots sticks leftover from last night, cut into dices and all was simmered on the stove until the carrots were soft.
- Mexi-bean soup, topped with fried corn tortilla strips
- leftover cupcakes
Day #3 of refried beans, more bean burritos. Dinner has to be simple tonight as I've been busy cleaning the house. We'll be 7 tomorrow. A friend of my daughters from school will be joining the 6 of us. I hope we've got everything covered.
- bean, cheese and rice burritos
- leftover cake
The big feast day.
- turkey and gravy
- praline sweet potato casserole
- green bean casserole
- Thanksgiving fried rice, with turkey ham, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and green onion
- pumpkin pie, apple pie
- olives, pickles, cranberry sauce
I know what we're having for dinner tonight, and I bet you can guess!!
For those in the US, I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving with family. And for all of us, I guess the holiday season is upon us, now. Holiday music on the radio. Decorations going up in the neighborhood. Black Friday sales, and a few freebies (free donuts and coffee at Fred Meyer, this morning).
Have a wonderful weekend, all!