One daughter was with friends all day, the other was with me, Christmas shopping. We covered a lot of territory in one day, and I managed to finish all my shopping. However, we came home much later than I had anticipated, and needed to throw together a speedy dinner.
- leftover pizza for one person
- hot dogs, with cheddar and salsa in a flour tortilla, for the rest
- canned green beans
- canned pineapple chunks
I worked at a fundraiser luncheon for the day. The lovely ladies, there, always bless me with food to take home. Once home, I made a soup from leftovers in the fridge, and served the rest of our blessings from the luncheon to go with it.
- bean and veggie soup
- assorted sandwiches
- tossed salad
- fruit salad
- chocolate cake
We're decorating the Christmas tree this afternoon into evening. Our family still all gathers together to put ornaments on the tree and have a simple, snack-y supper.
- grape tomato and colby-jack kabobs
- veggie tray and dip
- crackers and cream cheese/herb spread
- smoked almonds
- nuts bars and brownie cookies
- orange segments
- tortilla chips and salsa
- turkey and vegetable soup from the freezer
- baguette slices spread with a mix of leftover salmon spread, leftover Ranch dip and some cream cheese
- Swedish rice pudding
- homestyle macaroni and cheese
- cole slaw
- carrot sticks
- fruit salad of banana, canned pineapple, tangerine and orange
- turkey in gravy from the freezer
- baked potatoes, topped with sour cream (for most of family, mine just plain)
- canned peas and green beans
- orange wedges
- French dip sandwiches (using roast beast given to us last weekend, and kept in freezer), on
- homemade buns, with
- homemade onion soup as the au jus
- oven fries
- sauteed cabbage
Such a busy week! Are you about done in, too? I've relied heavily on home-prepared foods from my freezer, and simple sides like cole slaw, carrot sticks, canned vegetables and orange wedges.
What was on your menu this past week? Did you have to take more shortcuts, in meal prep, than usual?
Wishing you a peaceful and joyous Christmas.