- ham sandwiches on homemade French bread
- canned corn
- canned green beans
- vegetarian enchiladas
- brown rice
- ham, French bread and egg strata
- celery and carrots sticks
- ham, egg and vegetable fried rice
- lentil and ham soup, with canned pumpkin, celery, onions and garlic
- French bread and butter
- hot dogs in buns (budget hot dogs, budget buns -- 18 cents per hot dog/bun combo)
- canned green beans sauteed with mushrooms
- rhubarb-blackberry sauce from the freezer
- baked chicken breasts
- onion, peppers, garlic, sauteed and added to strips of chicken, wrapped in a
- flour tortilla
- canned pineapple
- pumpkin spice snack cake
How was your week? Do you have spring weather where you live? Anything interesting on your menu this past week?
You may have noticed a few extra produce items for my family. After a couple of months of living off of canned vegetables and frozen fruit, I splurged last Friday and bought some fresh fruit: grapes, oranges, tangerines, apples and bananas. I also found peppers on markdown (3/$1) and mushrooms marked down ($1.29/8-oz). The fresh fruit is our splurge for the month. It's been so refreshing to have these juicy fruits.
Wishing you a lovely weekend!