|cookies made with scraps from rolled out sugar cookies, formed into a log,|
smashed flat, and filled with raspberry jam -- really delicious
- turkey noodle and vegetable soup
- cranberry sauce muffins
Husband's night to cook
- spaghetti pasta
- tomato, vegetable and meat sauce
- braised red cabbage
- carrots sticks
- blackberry cobbler with whipped cream
- baked potatoes, topped with butter, cream cheese and cheddar cheese
- steamed carrots
- canned corn
- slaw made from red cabbage and sliced celery
- toffee bar cookies
- black bean soup, topped with cheddar, avocado and broken tortilla chips (bottom of the bag from December)
- French bread
- canned pineapple chunks
- leftover turkey-noodle soup from last Friday
- cranberry sauce muffins (also leftover)
- slaw made with red cabbage and celery, in a dressing of mayo, bleu cheese dressing and vinegar
This has been a great week for soup. I've had soup for lunch a couple of days and we all had soup for dinner on three evenings. Cold weather = soup.
Our primary vegetables continue to be canned, or fresh carrots, celery and cabbage. I got lucky at WinCo last Friday and found avocados for 58 cents each. I only bought three. We have been enjoying them, though. The canned vegetable supply has been dwindling. I am hoping that it will hold out through March, when late in that month I should be able to harvest kale, sorrel, watercress and parsley from the garden. Those last items will supplement continued purchases of fresh carrots, celery and cabbage, as well as whatever I find at the produce stand, which will open the last weekend of March. I can hardly believe it, but spring is nearly here!
My pre-planned menu has worked very well, thus far. I've only strayed from the plan a couple of times; which must mean that this has been a success. It runs through the end of this month. So, I will need to plan March and April's menus, soon.
What was on the menu at your house this past week? Do you have a plans for the weekend? We'll be celebrating Chris and Angie's engagement on Saturday evening. On Sunday morning, I'll have heart-shaped pancakes for brunch for everyone, after church.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!